Services : Group Fitness for Seniors
Group fitness weight training sessions for seniors will be one hour long classes
based around a chair using lightweight dumbbells. Activity being categorized
as a moderate intensity for the apparently healthy individual.
All seniors are encouraged to participate in order to improve cardiovascular
and strength conditioning levels as well as supplement and foster the social
interaction of seniors obtained during group fitness activity. Group fitness
for seniors will improve the mental, physical, and psychological well being
of seniors as they age.
All participants will be required to fill out a healthy history form and liability
release form before participating in the exercise program. A blood pressure
check will be performed on all participants before and after each session.
Strength training for seniors will:
- Reduce arthritis pain
- Decrease low back pain and increase low back strength
- Reduce resting blood pressure
- Increase lean muscle tissue
- Increase bone mass and density
- Improve glucose metabolism
- Increase the speed of food digestion
- Increase resting metabolic rate
- Improve mental and physical conditioning for all daily and recreational
Contact us today to find out more about our Group Fitness for Seniors programs.|